Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Baptism of a Covenant Child


June 7, 2009 Carriage Lane Presbyterian Church


Family and friends gathered for Winston's baptism. We were so honored to have all four grandparents and Spencer's sister and her husband with us.

Our neighbors from Conyers, the Schimmels, who have seen us through many things! and Carrie's dear friend from Moody, Eva Pierce, joined us.

It was also a blessing to have the man who married us 14 years ago, Ray Craig, with us to celebrate Winston's baptism.

A luncheon followed the service where our other family - our church family - was able to enjoy a wonderful time of fellowship.

















It was my joy to hand-sew Winston's gown (with the advice of friend, Rena Brown). I was able to finish it the day before the baptism - even though I started it back in January! I wanted baby #4 to have something special, something that I made. Every stitch - even the hard to sew neck band - was a pleasure. I look forward to the day when I am able to see Winston's own children baptized in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment