Thursday, March 31, 2011

Craft Project

Hey everyone!!! Last fall, I went to Charlotte, NC to visit my Aunt Katy and her family. She and I made crafts together. One of which included switch/outlet covers. A few days ago I decided to make some on my own. I went to Michael's and got some paper. We just happened to have the sprays we need, and I zoomed away making them. It didn't take very long to make them. The instructions are easy so I will put them on here.

What you need:
  1. Decorative paper...not cardstock
  2. Adhesive Spray Glue
  3. Crystal Clear Glaze
  4. Scissors
  5. Switch/outlet cover
  6. Utility Knife
Instructions:
  1. Trace the paper a little (1/8 in) outside the cover.
  2. Cut the paper
  3. Take the cut paper outside and spray the paper with the adhesive spray (medium coat)
  4. Center the cover on the paper and press down
  5. Cut the corners to a 45 degree angle
  6. Press the edges of paper on the cover
  7. Cut a X in the hole (where the switch/outlet goes)
  8. Fold the 'X's' in
  9. Take outside and spray with glaze (medium coat)
  10. Let dry
  11. Enjoy your pretty cover


Outlet cover in my room that I made last week.

Light switch in the girls room

Caroline's bed switch that I made with Katy

My bed switch that I made with Katy
Sorry for the bad photos. One of them I was standing on my bed which the mattress was moving back and forth.
~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment