Thursday, October 28, 2010

Let there be LIGHT!!

Spence and I took William down to the new house today to do some more work and we were surprised to see an electric meter.  When we went in and flipped one of the circuit breakers to "On"  - lo and behold, some lights came on!!!  YEE HAW!!  Georgia Power came through and we have POWER!!!  We were expecting it later in the day, but we'll take it whenever they want to turn it on. 

I got Spence to snap this shot of me because I needed to have a record of my "painting" clothes and you get a chance to see our kitchen - complete with LIGHTS! 


While we were busy painting (me) and connecting the toilet (Spence), William kept himself busy by cutting down a Sweet Gum tree with a hand saw and then cutting all the branches off and cutting the trunk up.  Here he is - complete with the bike helmet that he wore the whole time he was working.  (The work was interspersed with roller blading!)


Looks like we achieved the trifecta after all - Running water, a working toilet and ELECTRICITY - just in time for the bonfire and hayride tomorrow night.  And the weathermen are predicting a cold night, so the fire will be just the thing! 

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures. Thanks for sharing this!!!! Love you mav.

    ReplyDelete